Call for contributions
Publishing house Uitgeverij [http://www.uitgeverij.cc/] has commissioned Michael Jacobson and Tim Gaze to edit a volume titled An Anthology of Asemic Handwriting. This will be the first lengthy anthology of asemic writing ever to be published, covering a range from the distant past to the 21st century.
The editors are seeking submissions of asemic writing written, drawn, or painted by hand. For clarification of the term "asemic writing," please refer to:
- Asemic magazine [http://www.asemic.net/] and [http://www.calameo.com/subscriptions/1567746]
- The New Post-literate blog [http://thenewpostliterate.blogspot.com/]
- The asemic writing Google group: [https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en&fromgroups#!forum/asemic]
- The asemic writing Facebook group [https://www.facebook.com/groups/76178850228/]
- Wikipedia article [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asemic_writing]
Potential contributors are invited to send up to 3 unique asemic works to email@example.com along with a one paragraph bio. Previously published works are acceptable. Submissions may be sent in any file format (preferably PDF), in black & white or grayscale, of minimum 300 dpi resolution, accompanied by a short biography. Contributions may include but are not limited to
- Genuinely asemic script (new alphabets, new symbols, newly invented writing styles)
- Illegible writing in conventional scripts
- A range of techniques from calligraphy to casual handwriting/drawing
Contribution deadline will be June 1, 2013.
Uitgeverij is a small independent POD publishing house committed to publishing material from the edges of language, such as poetry, extinct, endangered or fictional languages, and critical reflection on language itself. All Uitgeverij books are published under a Creative Commons license, with all authors retaining full copyright on their work.
Although selected contributors to An Anthology of Asemic Handwriting cannot be paid for their respective contributions, they will all receive an author copy of the final publication.
We will keep all contributors up to date with progress on their submissions, and progress on this historically significant publication.
We look forward to seeing your work!